Friday 25 September 2009

Hey, You Gotta Pay Your Dues Before You Pay the Rent

Q: When will I be able to live my dream?
A: When the bills are paid.




I feel that I have been seventeen years old forever, but that was so long ago. Even at times when I should be a bit more grown up, in certain financial situations and work related drama, my mind still wanders and I am daydreaming. When I am down to my last bit of coin, it just means I spend my days walking instead of taking public transit (which I prefer anyway.)

I'm not immature, I just expect better things are going to come. I do admit though, it's probably not always a good thing to be endlessly optimistic- In thoughts such as, "Oh, it doesn't matter that I'm spending all of my money on this ridiculously overpriced coffee, I'm sure I'll get a job within the next week!" When in reality that is less than likely. I know that I've been trying though. That mindset is probably why I look on the bright side rather than head towards a mental breakdown.

Still, I can't help but wonder what my future could hold. When will I have my lucky break? Whether it be working in something I love, or just being able to afford a nicer place to live. Being able to call my Mum with news she would be proud of.

This is what most people who think "realistically" would call a pipe dream. It's better to find something that pays the bills than to be happy. I'll be wandering along until I find a decent balance of the two.

No comments:

Post a Comment