Tuesday 25 August 2009

Something Old, Something Borrowed, Something Blue.

Over the past month or so, I have been away to France, lived off wine and cigarettes and made intense music, but the gaps in between those meagre activities have given me time to think. And it focused on something that I have been thinking about for rather a long time.

A few weeks ago I got in contact with a VERY long lost friend from primary school (merci to facebook) and with her, a few other people I used to know also got in contact with me.
I havent had ANY contact with these people in perhaps 6 or 7 years, and it is so bizarre how you think you knew that person inside out when you were at school together, and that gap has changed them into completely different people, that you know absolutely nothing about. Another thing that totally intrigued me was that if you walked past that person in the street, you would never at all acknowledge that person unless they had remained totally youthful and not physically matured.

And finally, I really wonder, is it going to be worth getting to know that person again, when you have become so different from each other, and moved so far away?

MFM//.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an amazing time! Welcome back!!

    I battle with this most days...I had a very unhappy time at school and although I met a couple of kindred spirits along the way, being around them reminds me of what an unhappy person I used to be and my best way of dealing with this, is by shutting them out. Sometimes I stand by doing so and other times I have pangs of great regret not making the effort to meet up with old school friends.

    I'm glad you're happy with your decision and perhaps it has inspired me to be more open and less closed towards my past and the people in it...

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my time at school was pretty foul, i was always the butt of jokes and i only had a few real friends, through my whole life it was like that. and i changed schools so many times (due to moving), but that never ever changed. And it's only now that Ive made my true friends, that i'm going to know for a long time, that I have been accepted and allow myself to open up to people.

    I'm toying with the idea of meeting an old friend when she comes to London in October!

    I did have an amazing time in france, you birds are gonna have to come and play in Normandy! xxx

    ReplyDelete