Tuesday 7 July 2009

RIECHMANN

Photobucket


I have waited 4 years to listen to this album, and I have finally got my hands on a copy, and I am certain that it was worth this wait. From the opening notes, this album drew me into it and transfixed me from start to finish. Swathes of floating synths shimmer and fizz over the top of light blinking sequences, and melodies conjuring images of futuristic cities and lakes illuminated in moonlight. This is what Kraftwerk would sound like if they were more ambient.
It is, already only after one listen, one of the the best albums I have ever heard.
This album is ridiculously scarce, a relic from Germany 1978, and the only album Riechmann ever produced as he was shot dead only 4 days after the release.

If you ever find it online, or on vinyl, listen to it. And you will know why this album is great.

MFM//

No comments:

Post a Comment